Saturday, October 13, 2007

Brother-In-Law Prepares to See Photo Albums


Decateur, GA – Jeane and Mack Bickersteth bought plane tickets today to visit Jeane’s sister Elkie in Fort Pierre, South Dakota for Thanksgiving. “I'd rather stick a hot needle in my eye than go to her house,” Mack explained. “All she does is show me pictures of her neighbor’s son playing little league and her mailman’s daughter’s wedding. I’m sick of looking at her photo albums and pretending like I care. She doesn't even have any new pictures; she just shows me the same ones every year." Mack said he would go in the other room and watch the Falcons, which he described as almost as painful. Mack’s wife Jeane reminded him that they haven't been away for awhile and that it will be a nice break. “I don't need a break," Mack said. "I enjoy doing nothing. Sitting on a couch and straining my neck to see one of Elkie’s colleague’s new baby is not my idea of a vacation." Elkie called later that evening to tell Jeane that her t.v. broke.

No comments:

Click above button to get a button link to this blog