Friday, June 1, 2007

Hillary Clinton Forgets Stance on War


Des Moines, Iowa - In a town hall meeting yesterday, Hillary Clinton admitted to forgetting where she stands on the Iraq War. "I don't recall," she said, in response to a woman's question on her current position. Comatose and surprisingly sincere, the former First Lady added, "First, I supported the war so I would appear hawkish on foreign policy. When I realized it was rudderless, I withdrew my support; however, I really never supported it -- I only gave the President authorization to begin it. I change my mind more often than my husband changes mistresses because I know that if I follow my conviction, I may get elected and inherit this mess." A senior Clinton aide declined to comment on the Senator's lethargic appearance but did say that the candidate is in the process of deciding if she wants to win or lose the election. After she makes that decision, she will take a moral stance on the war, he added. Several Democrats have followed Senator Clinton's waffle. Last week, Barack Obama supported setting timetables; however, when he found out President Bush wouldn't support them, he compromised by suggesting Congress set a deadline to decide on timetables. When asked why he retreated on his position, Obama said he would work on a timetable for answering reporters' questions. In a recent survey, 100% of Iraquis indicated they wished all Americans were dead.

Click above button to get a button link to this blog