Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rose Wilts Under Spotlight

Cincinnati, OH – In 1987, all-time hits leader Pete Rose rented “The Goonies” from the Blockbuster on Batten Road. Rose once said that Dodgers Coach Tommy LaSorda reminded him of the character “Chunk” and Reds owner Marge Schott looked a lot like “Mama Fratelli”. For years, Rose claimed he returned the movie in the night drop box three days after renting it and buying some twizzlers. Blockbuster officials repeatedly said they never received it and threatened to ban Rose from their “If it’s not here, you get a free rental” offer. In a news conference from his driveway this afternoon, Rose admitted that he never returned the video. “I’m ashamed,” he said. “I’ve kept it a secret all these years. I’ll do whatever I have to do if they let me back in.” Rose, who reportedly owes the video chain $84,395, did not confirm if he would pay the fine. When reporters asked him if he would consider a subscription to Netflix, which has unlimited rental times, Rose quietly replied, “I’d bet on it.”

Click above button to get a button link to this blog